Most-used cover letter templates
Benefit of CareerNewton AI Powered Resume Builder
- Convenient– Create and save unlimited AI-generated resumes and cover letters, reducing time and effort for each job application.
- Professional- High-quality content, ensuring a polished and professional image to potential employers.
- Get Shortlisted- Increase your chances of getting shortlisted by personalizing the content to match specific job requirements and highlight unique skills and experiences.
- Time-saving- Quickly generate and store multiple versions of resumes and cover letters for different job applications.
- Affordable- You can download one AI-created resume for free. For downloading unlimited resumes and cover letters only pay a small subscription fee. Save costs & time of hiring copywriters.
- Error-free- AI-generated content is free of spelling and grammar errors, increasing chances of landing the desired job.
- Up-to-date- Regularly updated with the latest resume and cover letter trends and standards.
How our cover letter template works?
- Choose a cover letter template that matches both your profession and personal taste to make a lasting impression on potential employers. You can also name your cover letter here and save it for further reference.
- Then you need to fill in some basic details of the employee and the prospective employer. Consider using an AI-powered writing tool to create the body of your cover letter. Simply input your professional history, academic background, skills, and expertise, and let the technology do the heavy lifting! This will save you time and effort, while ensuring your cover letter is high-quality and effective.
- Make any final adjustments to your template, such as changing the font size, including border, or adjusting the colors to personalize it to your liking. Once you are happy with the final product, download it in your desired format, and your cover letter will be ready to use!
What to write in a cover letter template?
- Header: At the top of your cover letter, include your name, address, phone number, and email address. It is also a common practice to include the date and the recipient’s name along with the address.
- Salutation: Always Begin your cover letter with a formal greeting such as “Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name]” or “Dear [Company Name] Recruiting Team]”.
- Introduction: In the first paragraph, introduce yourself and explain the purpose of your writing. Always mention the specific job title you are applying for and where you found the job listing.
- Body: The body of your cover letter should focus on your qualifications and relevant experiences that make you a strong fit for the position. You can use key points or paragraphs to enhance your thoughts.
- Closing: In the closing paragraph of your cover letter, thank the employer for considering your application and convey your interest in an interview or further discussion. Always try to include a call to action, such as requesting a follow-up call or meeting.
- Closing Salutation: Always end your cover letter with a gentle closing such as “Sincerely” or “Best regards”.
- Signature: Always try to include your signature above your typed name, using a formal closing such as “Respectfully” or “Yours truly”.
Few Cover letter suggestions
- Always research about the company before writing your cover letter. Look at their website, social media profiles, and any recent news articles to understand them in the best possible way.
- Always start with a solid opening. Your opening should entice the reader and make them want to keep reading.
- Always be professional and polite. Use a professional tone throughout your cover letter and avoid using slang or casual language.
- Always use relevant keywords from the job role. Include keywords from the job description into your cover letter. This will surely help your application get past applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Always keep it short and simple. Please keep your cover letter to only one page. Always include the most important information and never include unnecessary irrelevant details.
- Proofread and edit: After writing your cover letter, reread it multiple times for typing, grammatical errors, and formatting issues. Try to take feedback from fellow people.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q1. What is the purpose of a cover letter template?
Using a cover letter template is a smart way to organize your thoughts and make sure your cover letter covers all essential details. Using it can both save you time and streamline the writing process.
Q2. Is it okay to use one cover letter template for all job applications?
Using a cover letter template is useful, but remember to customize your cover letter for every job you apply to. Match your language and tone with job requirements and company culture.
Q3. Can I use a cover letter template if I have no work experience?
Yes, you can use a cover letter template without any work experience. Please list your education, skills, and any related volunteer or extracurricular experience.
Q4. Do employers prefer customized cover letters over templates?
Customized cover letters that show an understanding of the job requirements and company culture are highly valued by employers. Customizing your cover letter for each job application is important, even though using a template can be helpful.
Q5. Can I modify a cover letter template to fit my needs?
You can customize a cover letter template to suit your requirements. Adapt your language and tone to match the job requirements and the culture of the company.